Meet Jackson and Stone:

Our boys are the light of our lives, and we can't imagine life without them! They are so blessed to have so many people in their lives who love them unconditionally and we are just as blessed to be given the privilege to be their parents!

This blog is a chronicle of our boys lives. All the milestones, all the fun times, all the silly things they do, and all of their messes!

This blog is to keep everyone up to date and to document all of those memories of our lives together that we never want to forget!



Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shopping Time-Out!

So...I got brave.
Really brave.
And...decided to take Jackson with me shopping to Tunica to find an Easter outfit. He had been being so sweet. I just knew it was going to work out.

I. Was. Wrong!

Jackson acted sweet for a total of about one minute before he laid out on the floor of the first store. One minute...tops. He flopped around, he ran from me, he hollered "No!" when I told him to stand still. It was like he lost his mind all of a sudden! It was not pretty. Very not pretty!






He climbed under tables (see above - he better be glad he's so cute in times like this!) and I had to remove him from the inside of clothes racks by physical force. Ugly. That store may never be the same....I know that I sure will not!

I just kept asking myself...."Why did I bring him to a store with no shopping cart?" and "What was I thinking?!" and "Wonder if anyone will see me if I beat him right here in this store?" and so on...

I learned my lesson!

So...what does a mama do in a situation like this?

Here are the options:
1. Ignore him - NO  way that was going to happen!
2. Just leave - Nope, I just drove to Tunica for Easter outfits and that is what I will leave here with!
3. Beat him? Oh the thought did cross my mind!
4. Time out!

Option 4 is the one we went with (but option 3 came in a close second!) and so Jackson got to sit in time-out in public in a children's store. I like to tell myself there is no way that was the first time that had ever happened in that store. No way he was the first time-out in there, right?

 



And here you go...this is what time out looked like! He was in the corner by the dressing rooms and this lady and her granddaughter came over to try on clothes and thought we were in line. I just looked at her and said, "You can go ahead. We are not in line. He is in time out!" The lady just blinked at me and then said, "Oh. I think I heard him fussing earlier." - you think? The little girl then said, "I SAW him earlier and he was not acting nice!" I just smiled at her and said, "No ma'am, he wasn't...and now he's in time out!"

He did not like it one bit. I'd like to say he was a perfect angel after that, but unfortunately....not the case. But, he was better. And the next place we went had a shopping cart!

Best part was...found an Easter outfit too! :)
At least I had something to show for that outing.

I do not want to do that again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment