Meet Jackson and Stone:

Our boys are the light of our lives, and we can't imagine life without them! They are so blessed to have so many people in their lives who love them unconditionally and we are just as blessed to be given the privilege to be their parents!

This blog is a chronicle of our boys lives. All the milestones, all the fun times, all the silly things they do, and all of their messes!

This blog is to keep everyone up to date and to document all of those memories of our lives together that we never want to forget!



Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Welcome to the world Baby Stone!!

2/17 to 2/18/2015
 
During my visit to the doctor, Dr. Giddens said it was time to meet our little guy! Blood pressure was way up and I also had protein in my urine - which got me the diagnosis of preeclampsia. Which sounds like a bad thing, but as long as I didn't have to be pregnant for two more weeks and I got to hold my baby sooner than later, I was all for it! :)
 
 
Since our appointment wasn't until 4:30pm, that meant this was going to be a looonnnggg night since he wanted to put me immediately in the hospital for induction.
 
Baby Stone's grandparents and aunts/uncles were not pleased with the huge snow storm that also decided to happen that night, which made driving to Memphis that night almost impossible. It made me very worried thinking about everyone traveling while the roads were big sheets of ice!
 
 
So we waited on Baby Stone...
 
 
Induction didn't actually get started until about 7:00pm...


 
And, I was in labor for about 10 hours before my little guy decided to show up. I would like to say this time went better than last time (since my epidural didn't work when I delivered Jackson), but that was not the case. It just seems that my body doesn't like being pregnant AND it doesn't agree with epidurals. :( At least this time it went a little faster than before...
 
Jason was quite stressed again during my labor, even had to take a nap once! Haha!
 
And my daddy (who doesn't listen very well...), decided he couldn't sit at home and drove to the hospital to sit with us even though we were in the middle of an ice storm. My mama stayed at home and watched Jackson for us...he would not have enjoyed hanging out at the hospital! And I was not going to let him see his mama that "uncomfortable"!
 
 

And my sweet baby finally made his appearance the next day at 5:15am! Dr. Giddens had his hands full with that big guy! Jason cut the cord, but we didn't get pictures this time because the nurse who tried to help us video it....kinda messed it up and didn't actually record anything. Oh well....
 

I was exhausted after being in labor all night and no sleep at all! But I was immediately in love!
 
 

My sweet baby boy!
 
 

And Stone was HUGE! 8 pounds and 10 ounces!
I told everyone he was going to weigh 10 pounds...and if I had carried him for 2 more weeks, he just might have been! I had told Dr. Giddens that I was concerned he was going to be BIG and he just laughed at me. :) But, when they weighed him, he looked at me and grinned and said, "I sure am glad we didn't let you go two more weeks!" ME TOO! :)
 
 


Baby and mama were both doing good, so this time I got to go to a regular room much faster than last time. My blood pressure was still up a little, but not high enough for concern! Praise the Lord!
 
 

One proud daddy!
 
 

Proud Poppa! Poppa got to be the first person (other than mama and daddy) to hold Baby Stone because he stayed up all night with us!
 
 

My sweet baby! 
 
 

He is so handsome! Jason and I make some good looking boys! :)
We are totally in love already and can't wait until the roads are safe to drive so we can introduce him to his family....and we are anxiously anticipating how Jackson responds to his new baby brother!
 
Here are his official stats:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment